Scotchman Peak Spring Ascent (5/4)

idsnowghost

Staff member
The Friends of Scotchman Peak Wilderness is leading a guided/group ascent of Scotchman Peak a couple weekends from now (Saturday, May 4). Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'll be healed up enough by then but looks fun for next year:

Snowshoe, ski or snowboard the tallest peak in the Scotchman Peaks. This is the 8th ​
annual Scotchman Peak winter hike. Generally, the trailhead is inaccessible this time of year, adding 2.5 miles each way and 500 vertical (making a total of 4,200 vertical!). This is for the extremely fit adventurers only!​
Round trip, 12 miles. Elevation gain, 3700 feet.​
Contact:​

​
Jim and Sandii Mellen ​
​

​
208-265-5261​
 
This sounds like fun! If anyone wants to get in on this trip, let me know. I have climbed it during the dry season and the terrain looks promising...except that gnarly back side! Goat Peak area? I think the snow should hold on enough till then to make this a great trip; albeit a lung buster...
 

PowderPanda

Staff member
Shane,
First... Welcome aboard.. Glad to have you here!!! I would love to do this.. Not sure I can this year due to work as I am covering a larger area as a new person is trained and Mike is recovering from a bad injury he incurred in Dec (but healing nicely).
 
Top