August/September Turns

Hi all, I'm new to the area and have been getting into touring for the first time this year. I have stumbled my way into getting close to Turns-All-Year, skiing Palmer/Hood in May, Rainier/Muir in June, and Glacier/Logan Pass in July. Looking to see if anyone wants to find some turns in August or September. This year that is looking like another trip to Rainier or Hood, but I'm open to anything withing 7-8 hours of the Spokane area!

Have Avy gear and have practiced with partners, but no formal training (yet). Can be flexible on the trips, just let me know!

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hi all, I'm new to the area and have been getting into touring for the first time this year. I have stumbled my way into getting close to Turns-All-Year, skiing Palmer/Hood in May, Rainier/Muir in June, and Glacier/Logan Pass in July. Looking to see if anyone wants to find some turns in August or September. This year that is looking like another trip to Rainier or Hood, but I'm open to anything withing 7-8 hours of the Spokane area!

Have Avy gear and have practiced with partners, but no formal training (yet). Can be flexible on the trips, just let me know!
Yah, best bet is the Volcanos for these parts, unless you have really good navigation and mapping skills. ;)

Kokanee Glacier is another option if you don’t want to go to the Cascades. Still a good haul into BC and long day. On bigger snow years I’m sure there are some nice sun cupped pockets of snow on high north facing terrain in the Idaho Selkirks, MT Cabinets and across the border. Often times these types of lines have some spicy entrances and exits!